Initial consultation about divorce mediation
An initial consultation with Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney lasts about one hour and offers:
- Discussion about how divorce mediation would work in your particular case,
- Information (legal, tax, parenting, financial, etc.) that helps spouses make informed decisions about their Pennsylvania divorce,
- Written estimate of fees for a mediation divorce.
Spouses attend an intial consultation together. Attending together helps spouses decide whether a mediation divorce is right for them.
Divorce Mediator & Attorney
- Practice limited to mediation divorce since 2012
- 1988 Juris Doctor degree, Dickinson School of Law
- 1988 Attorney & Counsellor at Law, Pennsylvania Bar
- Active attorney license PA52681
- Member of Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Member of Pennsylvania Council of Mediators
- Member of Association for Conflict Resolution
An initial consultation also includes discussion of:
- Documents to bring to the next meeting,
- Topics to consider before the next meeting,
- Tips for keeping mediation divorce fees as low as possible.
What to bring to initial consultation
Be sure to bring your spouse to the initial consultation! Participation of both spouses is needed for divorce mediation to be successful.
What else should you bring?
- Some spouses bring a list of questions to ask. An initial consultation is a good time to ask questions about divorce and divorce mediation.
- Some spouses bring nothing at all, and that is okay. Rest assured we will discuss all matters necessary to make your divorce mediation case as effective and inexpensive as possible.
- It is not necessary to bring financial documents to an initial consultation. While I do ask some general questions about property, debts and income, your answers do not require showing me documents. At the end of an initial consultation, I give you and your spouse a list of documents to bring to our next meeting.
Fee for initial consultation with Dann Johns
The fee for an initial consultation about divorce mediation with Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney (practice limited to Pennsylvania) is $100— reduced to $80 if you use the online form to schedule. Accepted forms of payment include:
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Wallet, contactless cards
- Check or Cash
If a client, clergy, therapist, attorney or other professional recommended Dann Johns to you, the initial consultation fee will be waived as a courtesy.
Office locations and hours for initial consultation
I offer divorce mediation services, including initial consultations, at two convenient locations:
52 South Duke St, York PA 17401
Practice limited to
ONLINE SCHEDULING FORM
- The information collected is treated as confidential communication with Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney.
- Content updated 2017-11-29
- Copyright © 2010-2017, Dann Johns, All Rights Reserved.