Initial consultation about divorce mediation
An initial consultation with Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney lasts up to 1.5 hours and offers:
- Discussion about how divorce mediation would work in your case,
- Information (legal, tax, parenting, financial, etc.) that helps spouses make informed decisions about their Pennsylvania divorce,
- Written estimate of fees for a mediation divorce.
Divorce Mediator & Attorney
- Practice limited to mediation divorce since 2012
- 1988 Juris Doctor degree, Dickinson School of Law
- 1988 Attorney & Counsellor at Law, Pennsylvania Bar
- Active attorney license PA52681
- Member of Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Member of Pennsylvania Council of Mediators
- Member of Association for Conflict Resolution
Spouses attend an intial consultation together. Attending together helps spouses decide whether a mediation divorce is right for them—and whether Dann Johns is the right mediator.
An initial consultation also includes discussion of:
- Documents to bring to the next meeting,
- Topics to consider before the next meeting,
- Tips for keeping mediation divorce fees as low as possible.
What to bring to initial consultation
Be sure to bring your spouse to the initial consultation! Participation of both spouses is needed for divorce mediation to be successful.
What else should you bring?
- Some spouses bring a list of questions to ask. An initial consultation is a good time to ask questions about divorce and divorce mediation.
- Some spouses bring nothing at all, and that is okay. An initial consultation is mostly about Dann Johns providing information to you and your spouse.
- It is not necessary to bring financial documents to an initial consultation. While Dann Johns will ask some general questions about property, debts and income, your answers do not require showing documents. At the end of an initial consultation, Dann Johns will give you a list of documents to bring to the next meeting.
Fee for initial consultation with Dann Johns
The fee for an initial consultation about divorce mediation with Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney (practice limited to Pennsylvania) is $160— reduced to $80 if you use the online form to schedule. Accepted forms of payment include:
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Wallet, contactless cards
- Check or Cash
If a former client, clergy, therapist, attorney or advisor referred you to Dann Johns, the initial consultation fee will be waived as a courtesy.
Office locations and hours for initial consultation
I offer divorce mediation services, including initial consultations, at two convenient locations:
52 S Duke St,
York PA 17401
Practice limited to
ONLINE SCHEDULING FORM
- The information collected is treated as confidential communication with Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney.
- Content updated 2018-02-11
- Copyright © 2010-2018, Dann Johns, All Rights Reserved.