A peaceful divorce is possible! In Pennsylvania, spouses may choose divorce mediation to:
- calmly discuss and decide terms of divorce,
- divorce without setting foot in court,
- keep costs of divorce as low as possible.
In my office, about 9 in 10 couples who try divorce mediation reach an out-of-court agreement to divorce.
Divorce mediation for a peaceful divorce
Most spouses I work with want a peaceful divorce. They want to divorce by agreement, without the drama and expense of fighting in court. If parents, they want to provide each child with a peaceful, low-conflict childhood.
Working together we can make your mediation divorce as peaceful as possible. As your divorce mediator I will:
- help you and your spouse calmly discuss and decide all important divorce topics;
- work in an impartial manner—never picking sides or favoring one spouse over the other;
- treat you and your spouse with kindness.
Unlike attorneys who fight in court:
- I limit my law practice to helping divorcing couples reach an out-of-court divorce agreement.
- I support cooperation, compassion—even friendship—between divorcing spouses.
- I help you and your spouse talk more peacefully and effectively as you divorce.
Divorce without setting foot in court
Husbands and wives who choose mediation can complete a divorce in the peace and privacy of my office. After helping spouses discuss every important divorce topic:
- I draft Pennsylvania legal documents, to make the terms decided in divorce mediation legally binding.
- I assist with filing for a Pennsylvania no-fault divorce decree, when both spouses are ready to officially change their marital status.
NOTE: In Pennsylvania, no courtroom appearance is needed if spouses reach agreement in mediation. Filing for a decree is handled entirely by mail.
❝An entire mediation divorce that includes discussing and deciding terms, signing Pennsylvania legal documents, and getting a Pennsylvania divorce decree can be completed in my office. Spouses can divorce without setting foot in court.❞
Because a mediation divorce can be handled by one attorney, the cost of a mediation divorce in Pennsylvania is thousands of dollars less than each spouse hiring their own lawyer to fight in court.