Divorce mediation helps spouses divorce peacefully in Pennsylvania
In Pennsylvania, spouses may divorce with help from a divorce mediator— instead of hiring lawyers to fight in court. Divorce mediation tends to be the most peaceful and least costly way to divorce.
Divorce mediation is discussing and deciding divorce terms with help from a mediator. A divorce mediator assists spouses in discussing all important topics, and can provide legal, tax, parenting and other information spouses need to make informed decisions.
In Pennsylvania, a divorce mediator who is a licensed attorney may draft legal documents and assist with filing a no-fault divorce. Husbands and wives may complete their entire mediated divorce in the privacy of their divorce mediator's office.
Parents may find a mediated divorce to be especially valuable. Divorce mediation helps mothers and fathers keep the well-being of children as their top priority. Divorce mediation may help build and maintain a positive parenting relationship.
Divorce mediation makes Pennsylvania divorce as peaceful as possible
Divorce mediators help spouses work together for an out–of–court divorce. Unlike divorce lawyers who take you to court, a divorce mediator will:
- Help you discuss all important topics with your spouse.
- Provide information to both spouses—so each of you may make informed decisions.
- Work in an impartial manner—never picking sides or favoring one spouse over the other.
- Treat both spouses with kindness.
Divorce mediation room
Unlike divorce attorneys who take you to court, a divorce mediator is:
- Committed to reaching an out-of-court resolution.
- Eager to help both spouses communicate effectively as they divorce.
- Supportive of intentions to maintain or build positive relationships.
These special qualities of divorce mediators make a mediated divorce peaceful—as peaceful as possible.
Divorce mediation room
About 9 in 10 couples who try divorce mediation reach agreement on divorce terms. In Pennsylvania, spouses who reach agreement can divorce without setting foot in court.
Benefits of divorce mediation
A mediated divorce can benefit spouses and families in many ways:
- Costs less than other ways to divorce: Sharing the fees of a divorce mediator costs less—often thousands of dollars less—than other ways to divorce. Divorce mediation: how much does it cost?
- Positive relationship going forward: Divorce mediation can maintain—even improve— communication, trust and cooperation. For parents, having a positive co-parenting relationship is especially beneficial. Tips for communicating with your spouse for a more peaceful divorce.
- Dignified ending to the marital relationship. Peaceful closure is a fitting way to honor an important relationship.
- Well-being: Less stress. Fewer tears. More time to heal. Mediated divorce: How much time does it take?
Is divorce mediation right for your divorce?
Consider sharing this website with your spouse. If both of you are interested in divorce mediation for your divorce, the next step is to schedule an initial consultation at one of my offices:
- 52 S Duke St, York PA 17401
- 235 N Duke St, Lancaster PA 17602
- 202 State St, Harrisburg PA 17101
- Content updated 2017-01-30
- Copyright © 2010-2017, Dann Johns, All Rights Reserved.