Divorce peacefully and at lower cost
A more peaceful, less costly divorce is possible with divorce mediation. Spouses may divorce with help from one mediator, instead of hiring two lawyers to fight. In Pennsylvania, husbands and wives who choose a mediation divorce may divorce without setting foot in court.
Divorce Mediator & Attorney
- Practice limited to mediation divorce since 2012
- 1988 Juris Doctor degree, Dickinson School of Law
- 1988 Attorney & Counsellor at Law, Pennsylvania Bar
- Active attorney license PA52681
- Member of Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Member of Pennsylvania Council of Mediators
- Member of Association for Conflict Resolution
About 9 in 10 couples who try divorce mediation reach agreement on divorce matters that otherwise would go to court:
- marital property distribution,
- spousal support,
- child support,
- child custody,
- divorce decree.
Spouses discuss and decide divorce terms together, with help from a mediator. A divorce mediator helps wives and husbands make informed decisions about divorce terms by providing necessary:
- legal information,
- tax information,
- parenting information,
- financial information.
A divorce mediator who is an attorney licensed in Pennsylvania can further assist by:
- drafting Pennsylvania legal documents (postnuptial agreement, deeds, court orders, etc.),
- filing a Pennsylvania no-fault divorce pleading to get a divorce decree.
Divorce Mediator & Attorney
❝An entire mediation divorce that includes discussing and deciding terms, signing Pennsylvania legal documents, and getting a mutual consent Pennsylvania decree can be completed in my office.❞
Because a mediation divorce typically is handled by one attorney, the overall cost of a mediation divorce is less than hiring two lawyers to fight in court.
Divorce as peacefully as possible with divorce mediation
Most of my clients want to avoid the drama that comes with fighting in divorce court. Many want to keep or build a positive relationship during and after divorce. If they are parents, they want to provide a peaceful and supportive environment for each child despite the divorce.
Spouses can have a more peaceful divorce with help from a divorce mediator. Unlike divorce lawyers who choose sides and argue, a mediator will:
- Work in an impartial manner—never picking sides or favoring one spouse over the other.
- Help you and your spouse calmly discuss and decide important divorce topics together.
- Provide information to both spouses—so each of you may make informed decisions.
- Treat both spouses with kindness.
52 South Duke St, York PA 17401
Practice limited to
Unlike divorce attorneys who fight in court, treating you and your spouse like enemies, a divorce mediator is:
- Committed to reaching an out-of-court resolution.
- Supportive of intentions to maintain or build positive relationships between you and your spouse.
- Eager to help you communicate effectively as you divorce.
Working together we can make your Pennsylvania divorce peaceful—as peaceful as possible.
Benefits of divorce mediation
A mediation divorce can benefit spouses and families in many ways:
- Costs less than other ways to divorce: Sharing the fees of a divorce mediator costs less—often thousands of dollars less—than other ways to divorce. How much does a mediation divorce cost?
- Dignified ending to the marital relationship: Peaceful closure is a fitting way to honor an important relationship. Tips for a more peaceful divorce.
- Well-being: Less family conflict and drama. Lower stress and fewer tears. More time for healing and restoring balance. How much time does a mediation divorce take?
Divorce mediation benefits for parents
Parents may find divorce mediation to be especially valuable. In Pennsylvania, mothers and fathers may decide child custody and child support terms without fighting in court. A mediation divorce may help moms and dads:
- Reduce divorce conflict by deciding child custody and child support matters promptly,
- Improve parental communication by calmly discussing and deciding custody and support matters,
- Build cooperation by working together—for a more positive co-parenting relationship going forward.
These are just a few possible benefits of divorce mediation.
Is divorce mediation right for your Pennsylvania divorce?
Consider sharing this website with your spouse. If both of you are interested in divorce mediation, the next step is to schedule a divorce mediation consultation with Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney.
- Content updated 2017-08-30
- Copyright © 2010-2017, Dann Johns, All Rights Reserved.