Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney
I help spouses divorce peacefully, by agreement. Working together we can complete a Pennsylvania divorce without setting foot in court.
Divorce Mediator & Attorney
- Practice limited to mediation divorce since 2012
- Attorney & Counsellor at Law admitted to Pennsylvania Bar in 1988
- Active attorney license PA52681
- Member of Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Member of Pennsylvania Council of Mediators
My role as a divorce mediator is helping spouses discuss and decide the terms of their divorce. I am committed to peaceful resolution of all divorce issues.
I am also a divorce lawyer with more than 30-years experience in Pennsylvania divorce law. Sharing my knowledge and problem-solving skills for the cause of peace is my calling.
Divorce mediator and lawyer
Not all divorce mediators are lawyers. Because I am both a divorce mediator and attorney licensed in Pennsylvania, I can assist spouses with their entire Pennsylvania divorce:
- Using my divorce mediator skills, I help wives and husbands discuss and decide divorce terms together. Spouses can rely on me to make sure they discuss all necessary topics. As we work together, I provide important information (legal, tax, financial, parenting, etc.) so each spouse may make informed decisions.
- After terms of agreement have been decided, I use my divorce attorney skills to draft necessary Pennsylvania legal documents (postnuptial agreement, deed, QDRO, child support and child custody agreements, etc.). When both spouses are ready, I can assist in filing for a mutual consent Pennsylvania divorce decree.
“By my nature I am a peace-maker. From the time I began practicing law in 1988, clients and colleagues often told me I have a calming presence. Realizing that I am a helper, not a fighter, I focus my career on helping spouses divorce as peacefully as possible. I like to think I am making this world a more peaceful place for families.”
An entire Pennsylvania mediation divorce can be completed in the privacy of my office—spouses do not have to set foot in court. I provide all services required for a mediation divorce—from initial consultation through requesting a mutual consent Pennsylvania divorce decree.
Empowering parents through divorce mediation
As a parent and grandparent myself, I deeply respect the decision-making role of parents. Mothers and fathers know their family better than anyone else. In a mediation divorce, parents make all the decisions—not judges, not lawyers.
I help parents calmly discuss and make decisions for their family. I support their discussions with information, then formalize their terms of agreement by drafting legal documents.
52 S Duke St,
York PA 17401
Practice limited to
I am confident that parents—with just the right amount of help from a divorce mediator—can divorce on their own terms. I believe that parents who are willing to talk at the mediation table can solve almost any problem. In fact, about 9 in 10 parents who try divorce mediation reach agreement.
Is divorce mediation right for your Pennsylvania divorce?
Consider sharing this website with your spouse. If both of you are interested in a mediation divorce, the next step is to schedule a divorce mediation consultation with Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney.
- First published 2014-05-10
- Content updated 2019-04-25
- Copyright © 2014-2018, Dann Johns, All Rights Reserved.